Saturday 25 February 2017

Having food allergies is tough but sometimes other people's compassion puts a smile on my face...and a laugh

Once I tell someone I am allergic to peanuts, they treat me like they have the plague, and I’m the only one who can catch it.

So the other day the head of security stopped by my cube and informed me the front desk attendant nearly passed out attempting to hold his breath as I walked past him.

He told me just before I walked into the office he had eaten a bag of peanuts and as soon as I walked through the door he held his breath for what he thought would only be a quick few seconds, but in an rare sequence of events, I stopped to talk to someone. Right in front of him.

All the while I’m having this conversation I don’t recall having; this guy thinks he’s going to kill me if he opens his mouth.

He held his breath for what he thought was a near death experience for me. This guy almost passed out due to kindness.

I later told him my allergy is not that severe and he can breathe next time I walk by.

submitted by /u/influencedbyyou
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment